Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Basic steps

Just like the Karate Kid who wanted to be a master in the sport, painting is really about the basics. If I had a dollar for how many people who told me "I can paint", I'd be living in a castle.
Yesterday I went to see a small painting job that included 6 doors and frames that were painted with the highest gloss paint I have seen. Before I paint them I will need to sand them to a flat appearance, otherwise you could pull the new paint off with your thumbnail after a month.
To avoid dust I will use automotive emery paper, this is used with water, (usually a wet rag) and works really fast and efficiently. The grit should be 150 or 180, even 220 would be OK. Wipe the surface after you've finished sanding and voila. A good quality semi gloss or eggshell latex will be used to repaint these doors and frames.
Visit us @ www.mercuryminc.net

No comments:

Post a Comment