Monday, January 25, 2010

Who needs art?

If you have the feeling that art is a waste of money and time, then you may have company.
I mean, they just released a movie made by chimpazee's. I think I must have worked on a few of those during my film career.
Ever since people could scrape and paint images in caves ten thousand years ago, art has had a very important part in our cultural development. Art help's us cummunicate our feelings and thoughts in a direct and immediate way. Like all things human we have many people who hide within art's labarynth, and pretend at being something they are not. Don't let these unfortunates distract you from the positive affect artist's have in our society. Graffitti might be annoying but sometimes it is really good, and like it or not, it is an art form. There are so many types of artistic expression that are out of reach to many of us. Some artist's  don't appeal to me at all.
I am not ashamed to be very critical if I don't like what I see, but that's a part of it. So strive to be open minded, but don't be ashamed to critique what you see.
Check out my art at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercurymedia/sets/72157623003002756/
or visit us at http://www.mercuryminc.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment